We learn to add numbers in elementary school. Coding an app to do it is challenging and a fundamental concept for beginning coders. Professor Wolber explains how humans add numbers and how computers do it in a similar fashion, then walks you through adding up the ratings in a music rating spreadsheet.
- No coding experience necessary, no prereq, less than an hour.
- Uses Thunkable’s drag and drop interface
- DataSource and DataViewerList, Google Sheets
- Coding Concepts: Variables, repeat loops, if statements, filtering data
1. Introduction: how humans and computers add
2. Add up the ratings in a spreadsheet.
3. Add up the ratings for a particular musician