Drag and Drop Code: Create iPhone and Androids Apps with Thunkable, is now available! Program your iPhone, iPad, or Android, no experience required!
Along with my co-author Rafiki Cai, I am pleased to announce what may be the most fun and creative introduction to coding, ever! The eBook is just $9.99, and the paperback is coming soon.
The book steps readers through the creation of 12 apps, teaching coding fundamentals along the way, and encouraging exploration and creative remixing. Learn while creating– what a concept!
In my USF classes, students build and install an app on their phone in the first twenty minutes of class, even before I go over the syllabus! Thunkable’s cross-platform nature makes it possible: students learning to code by building apps on their own phones.
The book, and Thunkable, are perfect for:
- Self-directed learning and app building, both kids and adults
- Introductory K-12 and University courses
- After-school coding and entrepreneurship programs
- Informal learning pods looking for fun and creative projects
- Family coding clubs
- Prototyping and rapid code development by entrepreneurs and organizations
Please help us in getting the word out!
Professor, University of San Francisco